Would it help to have a strategists community?

Good move, Richard. It’s a place where I can contribute and share. Strategy and bigger picture items. There’s tons of tactics on several “communities of community owners” platforms. The thought leader participants are more difficult to find.

Just catching up on all this, have been out for a few weeks, but like the discussion, like the suggestion of drill-downs and feedback, like the regular live event concept (hard to drill down without that I think), and like the caution to focus on the practical as well. Also, per the earlier ‘debates’ on community purpose :-), I think it will also be important to identify and lead with that when we do the drill-downs, so that we’re not bringing the filter of our community purpose to someone else’s community that is set up for different reasons. But yes, count me in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @dennisp!

Edging closer to the revamp of this.

It might be interesting simply to feature one community a week (or every two weeks) and drill down into separate parts of it both via discussions and regular events.

So open question, should this be done on the current iteration of this community or should we relaunch the site and archive everything that’s here today?

I could go either way on that (i.e. using new or using current), but would definitely lean towards every two weeks vs. weekly…there’s another private group using LinkedIn that’s recently spun up in this space from various companies. Any thoughts about having them join this group or vice-versa? Folks there are representing GoDaddy, SAP, MSFT, HP, SAP, etc…so relatively tech focused companies.

1 Like

I’m totally up for collaborating with them. It sounds like it’s a really tight-knit focused group.

Mostly, I’m keen just to explore ideas and see what ticks. There’s no pressure or ROI need in any of this. So it’s fun to see what people enjoy and roll with that.

1 Like

@richard_millington said:

So open question, should this be done on the current iteration of this community or should we relaunch the site and archive everything that’s here today?

I am against archiving the site. I still amble about the community to read things from time to time. I’d hate to see it go. (Unless I don’t understand what archiving a community means.

1 Like