Workshop thoughts and tactical psychology

(Richard Millington) #1

Hawk and I have been working on finalising the agenda for the feverbee workshop. 

Please click here and read it.  

I'd be curious to know what everyone here things of the idea.

We're a little nervous about shifting the focus for an entire workshop to the psychology side, but I think there's a lot of material here to explore that lies at the very cutting edge of what we do.

We'll do discounts for CGEEK members that want to sign up. 

(Bas van Leeuwen) #2

I really like it, would prefer this to the workshops we saw at SprintEU.

That said I feel that there is way too many subjects. Something like "Font / colour theory" is too specific for most of your audience (since many will have to follow brand guidelines anyway).

(Tashina Combs) #3

I love this idea!

(Richard Millington) #4

Quick heads up, we have 3 discount workshop tickets left. I think they'll be done by the end of today. 

(Sam Houston) #5

What's the discount price?

(Sarah Hawk) #6

What's the discount price?

$750 (includes conference day) More info here

(Richard Millington) #7

Sold out at the $750 level. 

However, I've created a 'CGEEKVIP' discount code for all paying CGEEK members to buy at the $750 level. Hope that helps. 

- Rich

(Sarah Hawk) #8

"Font / colour theory" is too specific for most of your audience (since many will have to follow brand guidelines anyway)

Fair call, although there are lots of ways to work around the constrictions of branding guidelines so that you still have a site that works best for your audience. 

For instance, the FeverBee brand is orange. Orange is the most unpopular colour amongst women*, which is why I chose it as a highlight/secondary colour for our new site, even though it is our primary brand colour. Our brand still speaks clearly to the user, but they're not overwhelmed by the colour.

* Interestingly, Alena is an exception to this rule.

(Sue John) #9

Sort of "off-topic" but just looking at the speaker line-up. It's great to see Jono Bacon is going to be one of the speakers. Been following his work for years!!

(Sarah Hawk) #10

Will you be coming to Sprint, Sue?

(Richard Millington) #11

Have about 6 discounted tickets left for this everyone.