Who is going to CMX Summit this year?

reading

(Sarah Hawk) #1

I’m finally going to make it to a CMX Summit. I’ll be heading to Portland in October.
Is anyone else planning on going? I’d love to meet up for a drink.

(Richard Millington) #2

Possibly…

I’m trying to do WAY less work travel this year. I was on the road for close to 4 months last year and I’m really not keen to repeat that. Happy to faciltate anything people here might need to meet up though.

But CMX is an awesome event and I haven’t been in 2 years, so could definitely be worth going to. Did think about applying to speak, but think I missed the deadline while on vacation.

(Nick Emmett) #3

The deadline is this Friday @richard_millington if you still fancy it :slight_smile:

Not something I can get to unfortunately :frowning:

(Richard Millington) #4

Oh really? I might give it a shot.

I’ll be curious to see if the topics I’m interested in are relevant to the CMX audience.

(Nick Emmett) #5

I got an email at the start of the week saying this was the last week for submissions.

Here’s the link: https://cmxhub.com/article/speak-at-cmx-summit-2018/

(Piper_Wilson) #6

I’m planning to go. I can’t wait to meet @HAWK again. Also, I like conventions in general.

(Richard Millington) #7

I submitted a pitch for it. I’m a little doubtful it’ll be accepted this year, it’s a bit niche.

But we’ll see how it goes.

Hope everyone manages to sign up in time.

(Adrian Speyer) #8

I’ll be there and it will be great to meet you all. I certainly would love to have a pint with you @hawk or @richard_millington if you make it :slight_smile:

(Sarah Hawk) #9

Cool! Might be a few of you there.

I prob should have mentioned that I’m going to be speaking.

(Richard Millington) #10

No-one likes a show-off! :slight_smile:

(Richard Millington) #11

Just remembering the Lithium conference is Oct 3rd to 4th in Austin. So might try and do both if I decide to make the trip.

Think the Community Roundtable event clashes with CMX too.

(Piper_Wilson) #12

Yes we do!

(Jess Burnham) #13

I’m finally able to make it to CMX this year, if anyone needs a drinking buddy let me know – I know some great spots! :beers:

Stoked to hear your talk, @HAWK!

(Sarah Hawk) #14

Yay!

I always need a drinking buddy. Count me in.

(Travis King) #15

Plans have switched for me so I actually may make it again this year. It helps that it’s in Portland and all you wonderful people are going :smiley:

Update: Also down for any drinking buddies!

(Shreyas) #16

On a slightly related note, CMX has announced the scholarship program. 13 scholarships available for the Summit this year. If you’re wondering who can apply, here’s the criteria:

Must be a member of an underrepresented group in the community professional field and at community conferences, including but not limited to: people of color; people with visible and invisible disabilities; LGBTQA+; veterans; religious and ethnic minorities; trans, genderqueer, agender, and nonbinary people; neurodiverse people; age minorities (under 21, over 50); working class people; and people experiencing poverty.

Just came in the mail this morning and I thought there might be folks who are watching this thread, but not going to CMX Summit for whatever reasons, so I’d share this here. If this helps you, go ahead and apply! :slight_smile:

(Piper_Wilson) #17

Fantastic!!!

(Piper_Wilson) #18

@Travis - I hope you can make it.

(Colleen Young) #19

I submitted and hope to go whether I get accepted as a speaker or not. Count me in for the drinking buddy program.

(Richard Millington) #20

I’m thinking of doing a trip to do Dreamforce, CMX, and Lithium CX in 2 weeks.

If those plans come to fruition, it might be great to arrange a meetup somewhere.