What has been your biggest achievement this year?

challenges

(Sarah Hawk) #1

The year is coming to an end. What things have you achieved this year that you are most proud of?

I was pretty proud to finally launch my Superusers piece after months of work. I also did my first conference keynote on the topic, which was fun.

But I think my biggest achievement was landing my dream job on the team at Discourse.

What did 2017 hold for you? What’s on the cards for next year?

(Nick Emmett) #2

Hey @HAWK - hope all’s well with you!
I must revisit the Superuser resource - these have such big things for Feverbee this year and I’m keen to fire up our super users here over the next 6 months!

I think my biggest achievement this year has been the climax of our large scale project to migrate all our content from a previous, static, customer facing website in to our community. It took us roughly the first half of the year, and then a little bit extra after launch to iron out the creases, but now our customers don’t have to go to two places to get help any longer, it’s all under one roof!

I’m just starting the process of planning for what we’re going to do next year! I’d love to hear what everyone else’s big tickets have been this year :slight_smile:

(Piper_Wilson) #3

My biggest achievement was surviving the summer semester from hell. I can’t remember if I told y’all this, but I accidentally signed up for 16 hours. That’s a heck of a load during a regular semester, but during a short one, it was ridiculously hard. I manged to pull them all off with four As and one B.

I’ve also started working with Hawk at UXMastery. I don’t know if that counts as an achievement or not, but it’s one of the things that I’m most thrilled about.

(Sarah Hawk) #4

Counts for me!

(James Hillstrand) #5

I personally enjoy this road trip last summer with charity works. Looking to do this and more trips next year.

Edit: Seems we will have another charity trip early January. I’ll be working on the truck for a new set of tires, forged wheels, and some led light bar.