Originally published at: https://www.feverbee.com/win/
- Google traffic represents 50% to 90% of new visitors in most communities. It’s criteria is rapidly evolving.
- Motivation drives every single contribution to every engagement program. Few people have developed unique user flows based upon motivation clusters.
- We spend almost every minute of every day trying to influence members to take action in spoken/written form. There is a lot of information on writing persuasively we don’t touch.
- Behavior change represents the entire value of what we do. Many aren’t clear what specific behavior people will do differently.
- E-mail remains the single most responsive tool for communicating with members. There is no innovation every month in using email effectively.
- The use of online communities as a term is in sharp decline. There are fewer Google searches, less people with the job title on LinkedIn, and even CMAD stats were 25% down on the year before.
- There are a gazillion articles on how to increase your organic social reach. The BEST tips will get you from >1% to 2.6%. Social ads can get you to 30%+.
It might be fun to talk about self-care, turning enemies into advocates, and trying to follow unicorns. It won’t help you improve much.
What the crowd love to talk about is usually very different from what stimulates the big wins.
p.s. we’re covering all these topics at SPRINT London 2016 in 3 weeks.