Cross-posting my question originally posted at Discourse Meta, as I now realized it is related to all forums, not just Discourse-based ones:
Does your Discourse forum have a complementary account in a social network?
- No accounts in social networks
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Group
- Instagram (as posts or as stories)
- Whats Up Channel
- Viber Channel
- Telegram Channel
If so, may you please share your ideas about what content do you cross-post to social networks. Screenshots demonstrating your cross-posting are welcome!
Some ideas of what content can be posted to social networks:
- Top N posts weekly/monthly/quarterly, optionally from some category/tag only
- New user profile avatar and “about me” excerpt
- Collage of the most liked photos
- A map of your network
- Announcements of events / gatherings
- Poll results
- The most searched keyword(s)
- The list of N unanswered topics older than X days
It would be interesting to know about what works the best and what drives interest to your forum. Please show an example or two.
Also, do you have it on auto, or are you doing it manually? If on auto, what tools do you use?