Want to run our recommended reading section for a while?

reading

(Richard Millington) #1

When we relaunched the site, we took care to create a ‘recommended reading’ section.

Would anyone here at Experts like to take on the mighty responsibility of finding and sharing articles they found useful?

It can be from ourselves, vendors, other consultancies, or from any publication. I’d love to have a simple ‘at a glance’ section that we can all use to learn more about communities and see what’s new in the scene. I think that’s been missing for a while and we need someone to fix it.

Reply here if you’re interested in helping us create this.

(Nick Emmett) #2

Hey @richard_millington sounds like ti would be a really valuable part of the community here - is there a way perhaps that you could utilise the “wiki” feature that we’ve seen previously, where people could add their own article links?

Or how about a “What have you been reading” thread and then the links could be curated into a wiki from there? I like to hear what people have been reading, but I also like to read their thoughts on why it’s a good article and worthy of sharing.

(Richard Millington) #3

Hey @Nick_Emmett

We did try the wiki a while ago, but it never quite got to the critical mass to make it work. The effort vs. reward really wasn’t there.

Also I’m looking less at building a repository this time around and more of a ‘latest news’ section so people can see what’s happening in the community space / what they might like to read. I think the format we have now does allow people to share their thoughts on why it’s an article worth reading.

You can give it a go if you like, just share an article and add the ‘reading’ tag.

(Nick Emmett) #4

I never even noticed the tag thing, great idea!
I’ve added a couple of things I’ve read recently

(Richard Millington) #5

The tagging is something @HAWK and I discussed a lot. My instinct is it’s going to be hard to persuade people to use it so the admins will probably have to take it on. But we’ll see how it goes.

Thanks for adding the articles, looks good. I’d love to get the 3 to 5 best reads of the week on there.