Video: An Amazing Introduction

(Richard Millington) #1

Originally published at: https://www.feverbee.com/video-an-amazing-introduction/
It’s hard to introduce yourself as community manager for a new online community.

You have to be interesting, but not self-absolved. Be confident, but not arrogant. Be Fun, but not silly. Show personality, but not be overbearing.

For the past year we’ve enjoyed working with RWE on their community.

I wanted to share this terrific video from their new community manager Agnieszka Barcik.

Make an effort, record a video, show your personality, and highlight your vision.

If you’ve ever wondered how to introduce yourself to your community, this is a good place to start.

Congratulations Agnieszka. We couldn’t be prouder of you.

Encouraging engagement in a new e-Learning Community
(Nick Emmett) #2

Nice work Agnieszka - I like this a lot!
Was going to tag you but you’re not in here… yet!
Invites anyone?

(Sarah Hawk) #3

@Darren_Gough can probably organize that.

(Darren Gough) #4

We shall certainly get Aga in here. Thanks for the nice response @Nick_Emmett!

(Richard Millington) #5

Thanks @Nick_Emmett - I really like this too. It’s such a great way of showing passion/energy for the job. And taking the time to do a proper introduction sends a great message about your commitment to the community.

(Agnieszka Barcik) #6

Dear all,

thank you so much for your warm welcome. And the fact you like the video makes me even more happy :smile:

(Richard Millington) #7

Congrats @Agnieszka_Barcik - you made an incredible video. So thrilled for you.

(Nick Emmett) #8

Hey @Agnieszka_Barcik , great to see you here.

What’s the response been like to the video on your Community?

(Richard Millington) #9

Just curious as well @Agnieszka_Barcik, how long did it take you to make the video? how did you make it?

(Bas van Leeuwen) #10

NICE!

I feel that too many of us shy away from creativity; we should all try stupid things all the time, sometimes they work (very well in this case) :smile:

Well done @Agnieszka_Barcik!

(Agnieszka Barcik) #11

@Bas_van_Leeuwen thank you very much !!
@richard_millington regarding your questions, it took me 7 days. I was doing it after work (mainly in the evenings). I therefore assume that I was not so effective as I could be. But to the point, it’s a stop motion video, captured by Nikon d5200/fixed focal length lenses. I was shooting picture by picture (over 1500 pictures) with an infrared trigger, combined in a composition with adobe after effects. That’s pretty much it.

(Richard Millington) #12

Just thinking. It might be interesting to have somewhere or some resource that others could use to copy the intro (or, better, adapt it to their own situation).

Would anyone else be interested in doing anything similar?

@HAWK @stevebridger @Bas_van_Leeuwen etc?

(Sarah Hawk) #13

Absolutely! I love the idea – I’m not sure whether I have the equipment to carry it off though.

(Steve Bridger) #14

Ditto. But I like the idea. On the ‘to do’ list.

(Richard Millington) #15

So just to clarify this. You setup a camera facing a table on record and then manually moved the different elements into position?

What did you do for the editing? I really like this idea for new community managers to do. Just curious if it’s something easy clients / course students could take on.

I just bought a huge amount of equipment to do some professional filming. It wasn’t cheap, I think we spent about £2k - £2.5k on it. But I figure I’ll shoot enough videos over the next year to make it more than worthwhile. Could be a useful investment to do professional quality videos.

(Peter Staal) #16

I would be very interested if there is a template we could use to make our own introduction video?

(Angelo Luciani) #17

Awesome intro video - well done!