Using Community as an Outage Board?

(Brien Hall) #1

This one goes out especially to all the telecom and SaaS community managers, but of course everyone’s input is welcome.

Have you ever used your community as an “Outage Board”? In other words, a certain section of the community is the place to learn about (and then discuss) any services outages, and get status updates.

Any interesting integrations between this and your social media presences?

Challenges getting what can be very technical announcements into customer-friendly language, in an efficient/automated manner?

(Richard Millington) #2

Hi @brien_hall

I’d tie this into a broader idea of using the community as a ‘trending issues’ board as well.

I’m a big fan of communities that use discussions threads for up to the minute updates about what’s going on, related issues, how it’s affecting people etc. Have a blog post due next week about it.

Tying it to social media seems smart. I think part of the challenge is constantly editing and updating it with latest information so people know what’s going on.

I think that means replying in discussions so everyone gets notified and editing the discussion post at the beginning too so newcomers see the latest status.

Automation could be useful if you have a lot of these…but I’d hope you didn’t :slight_smile: