I manage an external technical support community on Jive Cloud platform. The community has been one-year-old and it still strives to build its presence and increases its membership stage.
What we have done to draw new members by far:
- Introduce the community during industrial conference and meetups.
- Include community link in Marketing communications emails.
- Share community posts on Twitter weekly.
- Publish blogs and maintain an editorial calendar to make sure we always have the fresh new content.
- Create product pages (specific product FAQs) where the members can easily find all information about that specific product.
- Build quests for each product page to help members explore the product pages.
- Produce training videos and write tutorials to help community members to learn and use the community.
- Plan to produce a promotion video to introduce the community to targeted members.
Would love to learn what other methods you used to effectively increase membership. Forgot to mention it is free membership.