Thoughts on the what are you working on topics

(Sarah Hawk) #1

Do you still find the “What are you working on this week?” topics valuable? Last week got no engagement so I wonder if we’ve reached saturation level.

Thoughts?

[27 Feb] What are you working on this week?
(Mark Baldwin) #2

I find that what I’m specifically working on is the same things most weeks and only occasionally something a bit more interesting or different but I can’t always talk about what I’m doing because of confidentiality etc. Also the week to week work is quite dull for most people and I doubt anyone would really be that interested to know what I’m up to, so that’s why I mainly avoid those discussions.

(JoeBuhlig) #3

As someone who tends to come and go on Experts (I wish I didn’t do that), I can say that it’s the one place I feel comfortable jumping in right away after I’ve been out for a while. They’re low resistance and make it easy to get engaged.

(Courtney Howell) #4

For what it’s worth, I never saw a “what are you working on this week” for 2/20. Maybe other people didn’t either? Also, I agree with @JoeBuhlig. These threads are super easy to participate on, and I like seeing what other CMs are working on. Especially as someone who’s so new to community management in general.

(Nick Emmett) #5

I really like them too, it’s great to see what people are working on, where they might need help, tips on things that perhaps you could be doing or even doing better. I was away last week so didn’t get on at all! I guess you sometimes get threads like that, where the planets misalign for everyone! O

(Gear Buzz) #6

I like them.