Switching Online Community Platforms

(Richard Millington) #1
Originally published at: <strong>https://www.feverbee.com/switching/</strong><br><br>Replacing your community platform with another might replace your current set of problems with another.

Switching platforms is not a silver bullet to increasing engagement or the end of your technology challenges.

This doesn’t mean it doesn’t help. Some of our clients have seen great success switching platforms. But it’s a calculated risk. You need to know the risks and how to navigate them.

Read more

(Mark Schwanke) #2

I’ve switched platforms a couple times with various organizations. It’s always a challenge no matter how careful and calculated you are. Setting proper expectations and being receptive to feedback are vital. The work isn’t done when the migration is complete. It continues for months.

(Richard Millington) #3

I’m not sure the work is ever really done at all.

I think every single organization I speak to always has plans for further development.

(Mark Schwanke) #4

Richard. Sorry I was talking about the “migration” doesn’t end when the content and people are moved over to the new site. The activities continue long after the bulk of the content is moved. Management might think it is over when the old site is sun-setted but I haven’t found that to be true.

And yes. New development hopefully continues after the migration is complete. You can’t build it and assume that what you built is what they’re going to use.