engagement
challenges

(David Silvernail) #1

Every forum / community has one somewhere. The standard:

Welcome to Forums, a friendly forum to discuss___ in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
Access to private conversations with other members.
Less Advertisements! Members see fewer ads!
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your sign up plea look like? Have you found any language that works better than others? Short and sweet, or more detailed? I really want to dial in a better message and try to turn more visitors into members.

(Richard Millington) #2

Hi @dvsDave,

I think there are two key things here:

1. Have the most compelling offer possible. Most people spend far too many much time thinking about the messaging rather than the action itself. What would really get people amped up and excited about participating in the community? The message itself is largely going to be ignored. But what kind of actions would get people really excited? Is there a great discussion they can participate in right now? Is there a single action that would drive further participation?

My guess is some 90% of these types of messages are ignored. So the action itself is going to have to be very compelling to stand out.

1. Have a single call to action. Assume most people are smart and can navigate their way around a community platform. Instead focus on a single, specific, action you want members to take. Don’t ask too much here. Just whatever natural step will reflect step 1.

I did a presentation on this a while back that might help.

(Sarah Hawk) #3

Here is ours:

(Nikoletta Harrold) #4

we are actually not emailing people to sign up, we are creating a marketing campaign around the launch of the community. it will feature basically the reason’s of why sign up rather than just read the posts… so it goes with what you are doing. Our most compelling reason is simply this is the only place on the internet to talk about X topic with your peers and find industry experts to share your questions with.

I guess we will find out how compelling that truly is in a few months :slight_smile: