Should we share our writing?

(Sarah Hawk) #1

I’ve noticed that several people have mentioned that they are going to try and spend more time writing/blogging this year.

Is reading each others’ writing something that you’d be interested in?

I don’t think having a free-for-all self-promo would work, but perhaps one pinned topic in this category where people could post their writing and solicit feedback if necessary might be worth trying.

Let me know if you would find value in this.

[13 March] What are you working on this week?
How much of our own content should I share?
(Shreyas) #2

I love reading what others have written. It would be great if we could have some format in which people post so that I know what the article is about and can click on it only if I’m interested. :heart: the ‘stuff-you-wrote’ channel on CMX. I try to read as much as I can(whenever I have my reading hat on).

(Sarah Hawk) #3

Ok, we’ll give it a go.

What information would you require in order to make a decision about whether to read it?

Title, subject and a short ~50 word summary?

(Piper_Wilson) #4

@HAWK, I had to laugh when I found this thread because I just sent you a link asking for your opinion about a blog post that I wrote for class.

I think your idea about title, subject and a short summary is a good one.

(Suzi Nelson) #5

Love this idea - a short description and a link would work, maybe a [TOPIC] before so we can find things at a glance?

(Sarah Hawk) #6

Cool – let’s do it.

If anyone has written something that is relevant to this audience, feel free to share it given the parameters above.

If we end up with a whole lot of posts that aren’t being read, we can revisit this.

(Nikoletta Harrold) #7

Did we end up opening a channel or discussion board for this or is it just a free share within the community? Or in this thread specifically?

(Sarah Hawk) #8

Share in the wider community for now (I’m rethinking categorisation) with title, subject and a short ~50 word summary.

Tag it with article so I can separate them out when we hit critical mass.