Share your High-Fives!

reading

(Richard Millington) #1

We all know building and managing a community can be grueling, thankless, work a lot of the time.

That makes it even more important to celebrate the little victories.

Shares your high-fives here. Maybe that’s your first 100th member, your first member profile, seeing members accomplish something that helps them, finally selecting a new platform, getting support from your boss.

However small or minor it might be, if it meant something to you, we want to hear about it!

Share your high-fives below, don’t be shy!

(Richard Millington) #5

Sharing a really quick one here to get things started.

Just completed the 5000-word Advocacy chapter for the book. It’s still in draft at the moment, but it probably had more rewrites than anything else I had ever written. I’m pretty happy to have gotten it done.

(Shreyas) #6

On Sunday, we wrapped up DevWeek, our 5-day long developer conference. Our conferences are usually 1-2 days, so this was stretching every one of us to our limits. Although we were all super exhausted on Sunday, I came across this group photo this morning of the crew and volunteers that was taken on the last day.

Click to see the photo

I was in-charge of on-boarding and assigning tasks to our volunteers(among a whole bunch of other things). We had developers, designers, startup founders, photographers and many others from very diverse and interesting backgrounds who volunteered for the conference. I’m super grateful to each one of them and happy that some of them were available for all 5 days, meaning they kept aside 5 days of their week to help us. This is a huge win for me.

(Richard Millington) #7

@dun3buggi3 that is AMAZING!

Huge congratulations. You earn 5 high-five points from me!

I know how it feels to run a conference, the fear beforehand, the exhaustion during it, and the elation after it.

Congrats on keeping your volunteers for the full five days, that is an amazing achievement. :slight_smile: