Recruiting Community Folks? Post Your job Ads Here

reading

(Richard Millington) #1

Hey everyone,

Over the years I’ve been rather reluctant to let job ads appear on the community. We dabbled with some ideas for doing it well, but never really put resources to make it work.

To keep it simple, I’m going to let a single discussion thread appear here for anyone that’s recruiting in the community space. Feel free to update your post once you’ve filled the position.

PwC is Hiring a Community Manager!
[JOB] Hiring for Developer Engagement Lead - will include community management role
Anyone know a great community manager?
(David Ulonska) #2

PwC is Hiring!! Community professionals - we would love to talk with you. We currently have an opening for a Communities Senior Associate. The ideal candidate has an understanding of Communities. They have helped manage an internally facing (employee) community, has an understanding of social learning and design thinking. This role is virtual so you can sit anywhere in the US.

To learn more click on the link: http://pwc.cm/PAayp

(Luis Villa) #3

Apologies if this is off-topic, but seems like it could be of interest to folks here. Feel free to delete if it is spammy.

I’m hiring for a Developer Engagement Lead; part of the role is community management-y (and inspired in part by my reading here!) so I thought I’d post in case it is of interest. (full link)

First, brief summary of what we’re trying to do at my company, Tidelift: build a platform/network that helps pays open source developers for core maintenance work. We’re aiming to help create a world where open source developers can build a sustainable business around their projects, and software development teams get software they can depend on.

We’re looking for someone to own design and creation of our developer engagement process, including outreach, recruitment, and relationship management. This person will also play a key role in shaping the product and our public voice as we grow. In part, the role will be creation, nurturing, and management of a nascent community of developers - hence the posting here.

Past experience can be varied- developer advocacy, community management, even sales could be relevant backgrounds. Because this will cover so many different roles in a growing company, we expect and encourage applicants who want to/will need to grow into some aspects of the role.

Remote-friendly, in either US or UK; lots of travel expected.

Full description here again.

Feel free to ask questions if you’ve got them, either here (checked less frequently) or directly to luis@tidelift.com.

(Richard Millington) #4

@luisvilla and @david.ulonska - moved both of your posts into this new topic. Hope that’s ok!

(David Ulonska) #5

Of course! Thanks Richard.

(Shreyas) #6

Came across these on Twitter. Folks in the gaming industry:

Finding it difficult to let go
(Erin Menet) #7

Virta Health is hiring it’s first community manager! Learn more about this unique role managing our patient community. See Job Post

(Karen Koch) #8

Hiring a community manager for an online community of over 400 members. Need to develop monetizing and increasing engagement. The community is Home Modification Occupational Therapy Alliance (HMOTA).

(Richard Millington) #9

One of our clients (Which?) is recruiting someone for this role:

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/544289698/.

They do really great work, I’d definitely recommend checking it out.

(Richard Millington) #10

3 posts were split to a new topic: Is it hard to recruit community professionals?

(Luis Villa) #11

BTW, we’ve posted a lot more information on our website (tidelift.com) about what we’re doing. Job is still open :slight_smile:

(Kristen Gastaldo) #12

Just a side note - I manage an open source community and love the idea of this. Checking it out now, so thanks for sharing!

(Eddie Machaalani) #14

Hey everyone,

10xFactory - an amazing online community of entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs from all over the world is hiring for a community manager to help build, lead and execute a killer community engagement and retention plan. If you’re interested, please send me a PM. Cheers.