A couple of weeks ago we launch a small community of 60 people on Facebook. We run an online workshop and all the members are alumni’s from our programs.
To provide a higher value into the Facebook group we ask them to:
- Not post links of their product or services. We don’t want the group to become an autopromotion place. Instead we told them that they can post everything they want, but we would edit and gather all the promotion links and publish them in one post on fridays.
- Post every link with a brief contextualization: 1) What they are posting 2) Why they are sharing to the community.
- Make one post per day, so nobody “takes control” and monopolizes the conversation.
I understand that this things are intend to provide the members higher value in each post, but I am concern about:
- Barriers to participate
- Repercussion in psychology and sense of community
- Not be aligned with the stage and objectives in which the community is (just starting as a community on fb)
What do you think about this topic? What would you say are the pros and cons?