Problems with mobile view

(Alessio Fattorini) #1

@HAWK did you check this forum from your smartphone? It’s really odd and uncomfortable. Guess it’s a CSS problem

(Sarah Hawk) #2

Thanks for your feedback.

I did. After an initial teething issue with the navigation I think things are looking good. Can you give me some more specific details of what’s looking odd for you?

(Alessio Fattorini) #3

It’s really better now. Thanks :+1:

(Sarah Hawk) #4

Great. I had a typo in my css class. :blush:

(Stephen Gates) #6

The interface is not working for me on an iPhone 6
Things get hidden at the top.

(Alessio Fattorini) #7

Same problem here

(Sarah Hawk) #8

Sorry about that!
Ok, I’ve added an extra media query. Is it still broken?

(Stephen Gates) #9

@HAWK Still broken for me

(Sarah Hawk) #10

Hmmm, ok, sorry about that! I’ll have to call in some help. Thanks for your patience.

(Sarah Hawk) #11

I believe this is fixed now. If anyone notices further issues, let me know.
Thanks for your patience.

(Stephen Gates) #12

Nope

(Sarah Hawk) #13

I’m having a terrible time debugging this – primarily because I have an iPhone 6+ and it works perfectly, but also because browser testing tools don’t pick up the mobile view due to the way that Discourse customisation works.

It would be really helpful for me if you could check this site on your mobile devices and upload a screenshot if it doesn’t work. That would give me some data points to work from.

Thanks – and apologies to anyone that is finding the mobile experience sub-optimal!

(Stephen Gates) #14

Here’s another shot

(Sarah Hawk) #15

Ok, I called in some help and I think I have this sorted. Fingers crossed.

Let me know how it’s looking when you get a sec, @Stephen-Gates and @ale_fattorini

(Stephen Gates) #16

Sorry. Much much worse.

(Sarah Hawk) #17

So I suspect that you might be viewing the desktop version on your phone now, @Stephen-Gates (and by suspect, I mean hope!).

Can you refresh and then go to the hamburger menu, and make sure you have Mobile View selected.

(Stephen Gates) #18

Narrowed it down. It works fine in Chrome; misbehaves in Safari. Desktop version looks better in Safari. Screenshots above are Safari mobile view.

(Ralph Mason) #19

Strange. It’s working perfectly for me in mobile Safari.

(Sarah Hawk) #20

Same! It’s strange that the avatars are rendering as square too.

As long as you have a workable solution then I’m happy! Thanks again for your patience and help with trouble shooting this @Stephen-Gates and a huge thanks to you @ralphm for helping me get it sorted.