Perks for superusers, ambassadors

challenges
ambassadors

(Rebecca Braglio) #1

I’m brainstorming for really unique perks to expand an ambassador program to different tiers and goals.

Our members are either patients with chronic conditions or caregivers of someone who has one. Apart from the standard swag, discounts, etc., yearly conference ops, is there any really, really cool/valuable/useful perks you have either given out or gotten as a participant?

I’m open to anything - reimbursement on med co-pays for example, paying for monthly massages…and it doesn’t have to even be health related, just something different. Any suggestions???

(Shreyas) #2

Some things I could think at the top of my mind include:

• Depending on the platform you’re running, you could have a private section for your ambassadors to share problems, concerns or even suggestions about the ambassador program.
  • I’m guessing you probably might have this, but again, based on the platform, you could have a user flair saying that they’re an ambassador. This provides a feeling of authenticity and is recognition in a way. If you want to take this up a notch, you could probably feature one ambassador every month and write a blogpost, along with things that they’re interested. This gives an opportunity to know people in the community a little better and it might be really interesting to see their backgrounds. I’m not quite sure if your members are open to discussing about themselves or if it’s an anonymous forum where people really want things to be private, but just throwing an idea.
  • Given the nature of the community, you probably have trained experts answering some of the questions, while the ambassadors offer more peer to peer support? You could offer special training sessions for the ambassadors with the experts so that they can respond or deal with situations in a better way.
  • Books might be a good idea. You could either have the ambassadors give their reading list, or just surprise them with a nice book that you’d recommend. This, along with a personalised letter, might be a nice gesture recognizing them for their work.
  • If this is a really small and close knit community of ambassadors that you’re constantly in touch with and you know their background, perhaps you could look at things that that would help them professionally? This could mean a wide variety of things ranging from paying for training session to introducing someone to a great job opportunity. Again, this requires a very different level of connection with the community members.

I was at Swarm Conf couple of weeks back where I got to listen to the community manager at Beyondblue. They focus on building a community around mental health. They seem to have a super user program of sorts. Might be interesting to talk to them.

(Sarah Hawk) #3

I wrote a section on incentives in my guide that may give you some ideas. https://www.feverbee.com/superusers/benefits-and-incentives/