New User of the Month badge

(Sarah Hawk) #1

I’m interested in your opinions:

Discourse have just implemented a “New Member of the Month” award that is turned on by default on all hosted instances.

Do you think awards like this have a place here in our community?

https://experts.feverbee.com/badges/44/new-user-of-the-month

(remah) #2

:thumbsup: Overall, I like the idea of appreciating the contributions of users so I’m for it as a concept.

I also like the current implementation. I checked out the “new” users who have won this badge and I see that they are old users. Well done to them. Now I know of two more heavily involved contributors so it has increased my involvement ever so slightly. I’m now curious to see who will get the badge next month. I’m not expecting it will be me because I haven’t found a good fit here, not yet anyway. But features like this do help to keep me engaged.

(Sarah Hawk) #3

Then I’ll tentatively consider it a success.

This is something that I need to crack.
I know you came from Meta (and because I invited you), which is considerably more technical than we are here. What are you looking for?

(Sarah Hawk) #4

Both @chiprodgers and @stephen_fell responded positively to the badge so I’m going to run with it for a while and see if it has any effect on retention.

(Travis King) #5

I’m interested with how it turns out. We discussed adding it as a team as well :smiley: