My Story in Six Words

(Bo McGuffee) #1

A while back, the founder of our company challenged us to summarize the story of our lives in just six words. It was a lot of fun. It was also harder than expected. I really had to pick what was most important to me.

I don’t recall what others came up with. There was something like “Mother of the greatest children ever”. I seem to recall “Going in circles, day after day.” Mine was “playfully becoming in the divine milieu”.

I would like to hear what you all have to say. Up for a challenge? So, what’s your story (in six words)?

(Sarah Hawk) #2

I love this idea!

Kiwi, mother, friend, lover of life.

(Mark Baldwin) #3

Love the idea. Not enough time to think right now, but will come back to this tomorrow with a proper effort, but this will do for now.

Busy procrastinator, family orientated, unashamedly geeky.

(purldator) #4

Bemandibled microcosm dispensing benevolent mind dissonance.

(Yannis P. Triantafyllou) #5

I’ve done this test twice in my life.

Once for myself some 20 years ago ending up with a “going places, starting business, building communities” summary accompanying my name and again for my firm some 5 years ago ending up with a “we do marketing, we build communities” going together with our logo to quickly explain what we do.

Though funny, it’s kind of tough i should say, as you have to select and keep only the important stuff and this has to be interesting for the others as well… :slight_smile:

(Sarah Hawk) #6

It is tough! I had about 20 words. I prioritised the things that I think define me most. TBH I didn’t think much about making it interesting for others!

(Bo McGuffee) #7

Surprisingly so. As I recall, it took me a couple days to come up with mine.

(Sarah Hawk) #8

(Dave Charbonneau) #9

Finding greater peace by simplifying.
(There is a bit of humor in my answer. Find it yet?)

By the way, these ‘x’ numbered answer requests are great for CHIP interaction and starting conversations in appropriate Facebook groups.

(Dave Charbonneau) #10

I’ve participated in a similar exercise. We paired up with someone else and were given two minutes to write a description of oursleves (or business, or objective. I don’t recall which). After reading the description, we were to repeat the process with one minute. Six sentences. 6 words. 1 word.

It’s a great experiment, and really great for trimming a message or for determining what we should be focusing on in a project. Thanks for the challenge, @irreverance.

(Dave Charbonneau) #11

Hey, that’s eight words! :wink:

(Yannis P. Triantafyllou) #12

hahahaaa… that’s not the reply… it’s just a comment… should it be a reply it would be “Done this twice in my life” = six words… :wink:

(lindsaymstarke) #13

I really really love this. Let’s see:

Human organism, knowledge seeker, enthusiastic iconoclast.

(Sarah Hawk) #14

I admit to having to Google that.

I assume you’re a person who challenges beliefs or institutions, rather than someone who destroys images used in religious worship!

(lindsaymstarke) #15

That’s right, though I suspect my vision of myself as a rebel is probably more a relic of my teenagehood than I’d like to admit. :smiling_imp:

(Darren Gough) #16

This is also a really great way to find a good mission statement for a company - forces you to focus down on what you really do.

(Yannis P. Triantafyllou) #17

It’s a greek word that’s why… :wink:

(tip: even us, we scarcely use it in daily life as it has a negative sentiment - “clast” = “denier” … we prefer more positive sentiments, like innovator -kainotomos, καινοτομος- though it’s not 1-to-1 in meaning…)