KPIs for Community Team Members

metrics

(Laurenfaye512) #1

Hello!

I’m working on a long overdue project to develop a set of metrics (and corresponding dashboards) and benchmarks to measure the performance of each of my community team members.

Right now, on an individual level, we look at:

1. Response Rate (% of questions asked that get a first comment/response)
  2. Question Resolution Rate (% of questions that receive a best answer designation)

These metrics make sense because they are something the community moderator can directly impact week to week. But what else could I add here?

FYI: We do have more comprehensive metrics and reporting in place for the overall health and performance of the Community.

Curious to hear how other’s that are managing Community teams do this?

Thanks!

Lauren

(Richard Millington) #2

Hi @laurenfaye512

Oddly, I’m only just seeing this message.

This might be relevant: https://www.feverbee.com/benchmarking/

What platform are you using?

(Laurenfaye512) #3

Hey Richard!

We are on Salesforce Communities. Which is great in a lot of ways – except for their out of box reporting! :woman_shrugging: Which means that I’m often brainstorming and building a lot of reporting from scratch.

I have looked at that benchmarking doc. I really like how it is adapted from the CR resource. I think this is something I could definitely use, however, I was hoping to get some ideas on less subjective and more quantitative data that I could use.

I’m hoping there are other managers or directors of community teams out there that could offer some advice!

(Laurenfaye512) #4

Hey guys!

Wanted to circle back on this older post and share what we settled on.

For context – we have two roles on my team Community Moderator (more content, programs focused) and Community Support Representative (focused on community health, upkeep, and answering questions). A couple of the KPIs for Support Reps are still under construction. But I’m pretty happy with where we are at right now.

And I mentioned this in my original post, but we do have a more comprehensive set of metrics and reporting in place for the overall health and performance of the Community. The KPIs below are meant to measure individual performance.

Would love to hear your thoughts and find out if you have something similar for your team!

Community Moderator

KPIs will be based on the following 4 criteria, outlined in detail below.

• Engagement
  • Content
  • Support
  • Culture

Scoring to be done on a weekly basis (e.g. Monday morning).
3 - Exceeding
2 - Meeting
1 - Needs improvement to meet goal (i.e. Not Meeting)
0 - Unacceptable

Engagement

• Definition: The ability to proactively engage, nurture members, and contribute to conversations in order to increase and encourage Community member participation.
  • Measured by: Number of comments. How many comments does a Community moderator post in existing threads week over week.
  • Scoring
  • 3 (Exceeding): 60+
  • 2 (Meeting): 50-60
  • 1 (Not Meeting): 40-49
  • 0 (Unacceptable): Less than 39

Content

• Definition: The ability to plan, create, and execute content programs to improve the overall participation environment of the Community.
  • Measured by: Proactive Community content creation. This could include discussion prompts in Q&A, Groups, and Community Blog posts
  • Scoring
  • 3 (Exceeding): 4+
  • 2 (Meeting): 2-3
  • 1 (Not Meeting): 1
  • 0 (Unacceptable): 0

Support

• Definition: The ability to drive self service, peer-to-peer conversations, and technical support in the Community.
  • Measured by: Question response rate. This measures out of new questions posted, what percentage has at least one comment/response.
  • Scoring
  • 3 (Exceeding): 90%+
  • 2 (Meeting): 80%-89%
  • 1 (Not Meeting): 50-79%
  • 0 (Unacceptable): 0-49%

Culture

• Definition: The ability to cultivate a positive and welcoming culture in the Community.
  • Measured by: Reward & Recognition badges given, rewards/mailings sent per moderator
  • Scoring
  • 3 (Exceeding): 5
  • 2 (Meeting): 3-4
  • 1 (Not Meeting): 1-2
  • 0 (Unacceptable): 0

Community Support Rep

KPIs will be based on the following 4 criteria, outlined in detail below.

• Maintenance
  • Engagement
  • Support
  • Culture

Maintenance (IN PROGRESS)

• Definition: The practice of keeping the Community healthy, clean, and easy for others to use.
  • Measured by:
  • Number of edited subject lines
  • Editing topics/topic management
  • Ideas sorted and categorized

Engagement

• Definition: This is the ability to proactively engage, nurture top members, and build systems and programs to improve the overall participation environment of the community.
  • Measured by: Number of comments posted. Measure of Community moderator activity via comments posted in existing threads week over week.
  • Scoring
  • 3 (Exceeding): 60+
  • 2 (Meeting): 50-60
  • 1 (Not Meeting): 40-49
  • 0 (Unacceptable): Less than 39

Support

• Definition: The ability to drive support resolution and contact deflection in the Community.
  • Measured by: Question resolution rate (best answers).
  • Resolution Rate Scoring:
  • 3 (Exceeding): 80%+
  • 2 (Meeting): 70%-79%
  • 1 (Not Meeting): 40-69%
  • 0 (Unacceptable): 0-39%

Culture (IN PROGRESS)
Definition: The ability to cultivate a positive and welcoming culture in the Community.
Measured by: Quality of responses: Evaluated by quality index score on random sample of 3 posts per week/per person