Introduce yourself (or at least just say hi)

introductions

(Nick Emmett) #424

Hey @michael_johnson_1 - welcome to the Feverbee Experts, it’s great to hear from you.
how new is newly launched? And how things going so far?
What is your community trying to achieve? Who are the typical members?

Apologies for all the questions by the way - I’m naturally curious! :slight_smile:

I look forward to your journey :slight_smile:

(Michael Johnson) #425

We launched the first of the year after a soft launch the week before Christmas. Things are going well and people are excited. We’ve had a network for over 10 years and this is our first jump into a digital community.

We are trying to transform engineering education by combining the technical skillset that students are already being taught with a focus on mindset (specifically the entrepreneurial mindset). The hope is that by doing this, students will graduate with a broader understanding of the world around them and be able to create value for themselves and others.

Typical members are engineering faculty at US colleges and universities. We currently have 33 university partners, and faculty from these institutions make up the bulk of the community.

And I appreciate curiosity! It is one of the key elements of an entrepreneurial mindset :slight_smile:

(Martijn Terpstra) #426

Hi all,

My name is Martijn and I work for insided, a vendor in the community platform space. I’ve been working for inSided for about 4 years now and previously active in communities from a personal interest. I’ve worked with companies such as Sonos, SoundCloud, T-Mobile and Nutanix to launch their online communities. I’m interested in participating in the discussions here, see if I can help anybody out with community management related advice and happy to help if anybody is interested in exploring inSided or has questions about our platform.

(Shreyas) #427

Hey Martijn,

Welcome to FeverBee Experts.

I came across inSided sometime last year while doing a research project on online community platforms. Insided also has some pretty good reviews here. :slight_smile:

Do you work on the community strategy side of things at inSided?