Introduce yourself (or at least just say hi)

introductions

(Sarah Hawk) #90

Boom! While my intention wasn’t to make you feel guilty, I’m very glad it motivated you. :wink:

I’d love to hear more about this when you get a chance. Sounds like something that others would find valuable.

(Jim Hughes) #91

Hello Marieke, what is the name of your linkedin group?

(Flo Vater) #92

Hey Sarah,

thanks for the warm welcome! :slight_smile:

Yes, i do monetize the community.My website is my regular day-to-day job since 6 years now. :thumbsup:

(Neil Lewis) #93

Hi Feverbee, we have recently launched a community at fanalyse.net for fan centric sports business and entertainment professionals providing thought leadership and best practise through interviews, blogs, weekly podcasts, webinars and quarterly virtual conferences. This is the first time I have come across tis site, but it seems quite timely as we have made many mistakes i’m reading on the various topics.

(Sarah Hawk) #94

Hey @fanalyse, welcome.

When they’re distant enough in the past that you’re comfortable talking about them, it’d be valuable if you’d share some of those mistakes. That’s the kind of discussion that people really learn from. In the mean time, is there anything specific that we can help you to solve?

(Neil Lewis) #95

Hi HAWK, we def made mistakes by just broadcsting that people should join our community with no real call to action as to why. This is a problem that has taken us a little while to come to terms with but now we are starting to gain buy in from people in the industry. If anyone has suggestions as to how we can continue to build an engaged community, i’m def open to suggestions from the community

Recovering from a mistake to build an engaged community
(Sarah Hawk) split this topic #96

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Recovering from a mistake to build an engaged community

(Sarah Hawk) split this topic #97

6 posts were split to a new topic: Facebook vs forums – platform needs analysis

(Danielle Bishop) #98

Hi Everyone - I am President of my own company, HB Hospitality. We are an invitation only community of luxury hotels and resorts and meeting and event planners. We have a series of events (think small trade shows / luncheons) across the country. I am in the process of developing our online community which is hosted on the Salesforce platform. We have 150 users who are all hoteliers that pay to be part of our community. We are in the process of creating the user experience for the meeting planners and want to begin on-boarding those members in the next few months.

Just going through a sharp learning curve of figuring out how to create meaningful experiences and engagement for our users. Happy to have found this forum!

(Sarah Hawk) #99

Welcome Danielle – cute avatar!

Sounds like an interesting concept. What is the purpose of the online community? Do people connect and form business relationships or is it a discussion and/or knowledge sharing space?

(Ana Ferreiro-Garcia) #100

Hello everyone!

I’m very happy to have joined the community and I expect to learn a lot from you all.

I’m a newbie on the community arena and I have recently joined a start-up with a totally new product. Any advice?

How do you start from the scratch when you don’t have any references?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

(Sarah Hawk) #101

Hey @anekus – yay, glad you found us. :slight_smile:

We can definitely help you out there. The best approach would be to start a new topic here and give us a brief outline of your organisation/product and what you hope to achieve from a community.

With that information for context we can help you map out a path (or at the very least, give you a tonne of reading!!).

(Jenny Hill) #102

Hi! I’m Jenny and I signed up out of curiousity! Understanding communities at a deeper level is super interesting to me and I’m excited to see what I can learn here as in all my endeavors.

(MHCommMgr) #103

Hi, I’m taking on community management at my company, which creates digital health content and apps to help improve people’s patient experiences. I’m part of the content team, and communities are moving under our umbrella. I’ve always been interested in community management, so I’m looking forward to the chance to learn. Currently, I’m tasked with creating a set of priorities so we can refine our community management as a whole. A big job, I’m finding out!

(Sarah Hawk) #104

Hey Jenny, welcome! I see that you are an instructional designer, which is really interesting. Do you often have call to design community or engagement systems into your work?

(Sarah Hawk) #105

Hi Kendra, great to hear from you. :slight_smile:

So is community currently part of your business strategy but is now moving into your department, or is this a new initiative?

(Richard Millington) #106

This might also be useful:

(MHCommMgr) #107

Community has been the foundation of the business for nearly 20 years. But it’s moving into my department.

(Heidi Morgan) #108

Hello!

I’m Heidi, an 18-year-old student. As a supermod in a well-established Australian educational forum, I recently volunteered to take on the role of community manager (as they had none and I’m really passionate about the potential good of that forum, and the social psychology underpinning community building fascinates me).

Having never tried this before, I’m a bran’ new but enthusiastic amateur, and reading FeverBee’s blog has been absolutely eye-opening - I’m bursting with new ideas to really strengthen my community. Thanks a heap!

I actually joined this community mainly to observe your onboarding process and various forum engagement strategies, and I’ve already gained valuable insights, but I look forward to trying to participate occasionally, because I sure do have a lot to learn from the experienced, professional CMs round here! :slight_smile:

(Nick Emmett) #109

Hey @Hbhospitality, great to hear from you and welcome to the Community here.
It sounds like a great concept for a community with some interesting members, like @HAWK, I’m interested as to what your WHY is. What’s your Communities reason for being and what value are you expecting/hoping members will get out of it? Keep us updated.

Also interesting to hear you’re a Salesforce user, my own Community is based on the Community Cloud platform so would be interested in hearing how you’re using it, perhaps in a new thread? I’m sure @cocastro would be interested too :)(