I thought the numbers in this article were definitely worth reading and sharing.
for a large community of practice (more than 50,000 members):
- 10 per cent of members visit
- 15 per cent of visitors contribute (1.5% of members overall)
- each contributor leaves between two and three contributions
for a smaller community set up to meet a need or complete a project:
- 75 per cent of members visit
- 50 per cent of visitors contribute
- each contributor leaves between four and five contributions
For a learning group set up around a ftf event, where all participants are expected to visit as part of the event:
- 100 per cent of members visit
- 100 per cent of visitors contribute
- each contributor leaves more than five contributions
Aside, Nick Milton is a fantastic person to follow for anyone building an internal community of any variety.