Integrating Community Platforms with Salesforce / Sales Cloud (NOT Service Cloud)

Hello all,

We’re in the process of selecting a new Community platform, coming from a bit of a Frankenstein of Zendesk Support, Knowledge and Discussions with a healthy dose of content distributed across our corporate website, our Academy, our ideation platform, documentation wiki etc… etc… Fun Right!

One of our challenges is that we see Salesforce Sales Cloud (we don’t use Salesforce for support!) as our primary point of truth for all Customer / contact info and there’s a lot of data there that can allow us to personalise the Community experience.

I see a bunch of ‘connectors’ out there for Community platforms to Service Cloud (for the Support use case) but I don’t see much related to Salesforce Sales Cloud where it is the point of truth and in our minds will be the place we manage permissions.

Is anyone out there doing something similar?

3 Likes

Hi there,

You should reach out to 7Summits - they are fantastic at assisting in Community platform recommendations, and specialize specifically in Salesforce Cloud Community.

cc: @LauraMac

Good luck!
Alexis

2 Likes

Thanks @alexisbrown, I’ll check them out.

Thanks for the shout out @alexisbrown!

Hello @jonleighton!
We have a great customer bolt that may be a good fit for you, but also have a bunch of components and other bolts that you can check out on the Appexchange.
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000FYEQsUAP

Let me know if you have any questions or want me to connect you with one of our Account Executives.

The opportunities on Salesforce Communities seems endless, it is exciting that you are looking at getting started!

2 Likes

There is a Salesforce sso plugin for Discourse. It hasn’t been updated in a long while, but it looks like it’s likely to work.

1 Like