How to Write a Community Health Report

(Grace Cheung) #1

Does anyone have a template they’re willing to share of a community health report? I’m looking to see what metrics are reported back to the rest of the company or senior team and how a good-looking report should look! I’m no Excel wizard but tracking my metrics in Sheets right now looks super boring and I don’t think shows a good job of what we’re measuring and why it’s important.

(Robert McIntosh) #2

I don’t have an existing report to share, but if you have not read it yet, do read through this thread for some great pointers (I’ve bookmarked it myself)

(Sarah Hawk) #3

I’d also love to see how other people report.
For my communities I just use sheets with some graphs inserted to demonstrate the most important trends. I could definitely do a better job of that.

(erin dame) #4

I’m also using a combo of sheets vs graphs, but I’d love to have something either a bit more creative or that puts things in better context for execs. The Discourse plugin doesn’t help unfortunately, as I use another platform.

(Sarah Hawk) #5

Does anyone use a dashboarding tool? I’d be interested in seeing something along those lines.

(Grace Cheung) #6

Hawk, I read through the bookmarked thread above and saw you mentioning that you record “stickiness” by monthly active users divided by daily active users. Is the daily just an average you pull for the month?

(Sarah Hawk) #7

It is, yes.