How have you gamified registration?

challenges

(Emma Furtado) #1

Hi all,
I launched my new community secopshub.com in December. I haven’t started to promote it yet. My coworkers wanted to add content to it first. Now we are getting ready to promote it. We are also going to a trade show and are thinking of different ways to gamify the sign up process.

We are thinking anyone who registers and asks a question could get a t shirt? Or everyone who registers gets a shirt and those who ask questions get entered into a raffle each day?

How have you gamified registrations?

Thanks!
Emma

(Richard Millington) #2

Hey @communitygal

Congrats on the launch and design of the site. Looks good. 77 registered members already is looking impressive too.

I haven’t gamified registration, but I’d recommend against it. It’s really easy to get people to sign up and join a site. The more difficult challenge is always participation. Getting people to register doesn’t mean much. You need to get them to participate.

I’d focus instead on making sure you have really interesting problems to solve or discussions to participate in within the community. This is going to be far more important than simply gamifying sign-up. What’s going to motivate them over the long-term.

This might help: https://www.feverbee.com/stay-engaged/

(Emma Furtado) #3

I appreciate your feedback, @richard_millington.

Ok so maybe instead I should have a list of questions ready at the trade show for prospective members. They could grab an index card, join the community, answer on the community. Then they would have a chance to build their reputation.

Thanks,
Emma