Our communities are disease-specific and are forums for peer-to-peer support but are also communication channels for advocacy organisations.
Our members post questions about their health. The types of questions can be very vast:
- questions about a recent diagnosis
- questions about a new symptom
- questions about the management of the disease
- questions about treatments (side effects, costs, etc)
- questions about doctors / experts
But they also share their story in more detail as a way to vent but also help others in the same situation.
We’ve identified that the fact that people had to stay at home (a low-risk and familiar environment) for a long period of time meant fewer interactions with others, no school, no appointments, less outbreaks, etc., therefore their disease didn’t take up such a big space in their lives anymore and they didn’t have the same need as before to post questions to their community.