How do you measure the time to solve a question in your community?

challenges

(Ernesto Izquierdo) #1

Tonight we’ll have an enterprise social network #ESNchat on Twitter about the efficiency of your social network or community, how fast can your organisation solve a problem or find a solution to a question.

Join us tonight, 02 February at 2pm ET, or 8pm GMT+1(Europe) to discuss the following questions.

1. How did you define your goals for solving questions?
  2. What are your KPIs in Q&As? Is it the number or percent of questions answered? the average time to get a response? something else?
  3. What tools do you use? How do you use community management to ensure timely responses?
  4. Do you have validation processes for quality control of the answers?

On the same chat we’ll have Rich Millington on 16 February.

If you can’t join us, please comment below how your organisation/community is helping its members solve their questions.

(Sarah Hawk) #2

Discourse provides “Time to First Response” data as part of the native dashboard, which is handy. It also gives percentage change.

(Alexis Brown) #3

Is there a recorded version of this session? Would love to hear what was said!

Thanks!

(Ernesto Izquierdo) #4

Alexis, sorry it took me so long to reply. There was not a recording of an ESNchat, since they happen on Twitter, but here is the link to the blog post I wrote with the outcomes
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-measure-efficiency-your-enterprise-social-network-izquierdo/

(Joel Rangelle) #5

I think it’s important to measure both the FIRST response and the BEST response. For example, the first response is a sign of attentiveness, immediate feedback, and member engagement. If you can provide the first response within the average bounce rate of the site, then you should be able to retain the member longer. One obvious problem with the first response is that it might be a bad response. It could be a peer asking for more information (so the problem isn’t solved at all), an offtopic comment or feedback (irrelevant to the actual solution), or an attempt at a solution that’s incomplete or incorrect (doesn’t adequately solve). That leads to the BEST response, which will be the true measure of your community.

As a sidenote, I think it should also be interesting to see how many questions have a BEST answer marked on a rolling basis (eg. 80% of new questions have a best answer from the past month, and this is trending up from 40% from the prior month because you got engineering involved).