Help! How do I do [something] in Discourse?

(Sarah Hawk) #1

Discourse is pretty foreign the first time you use it, and finding your way around some of the finer points can be tricky. Add to that the fact that it is constantly changing!

If you can’t figure out how to do something, ask here for a quick answer…

(Colleen Young) #5

I can’t find where to change my password in the profile/preferences setting. How do you change your password?
Thanks
Colleen

(David Kaleky) #6

How do I find this exact link “To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences.” that is on the bottom of each email. I went to preferences, but can not find the correct boxes to stop all the email coming.

thanks!

(Sarah Hawk) #7

Hi @colleenyoung – because we’re using SSO with WordPress you can’t change your password through this interface. If you go through the ‘I’ve lost my password’ process you’ll be able to set a new one.

Hi @twiillio_florida – you’re probably getting emails to topics that you are watching. At the bottom of the topic you’ll see these settings

If you change the setting to Regular you’ll only be notified if someone specifically mentions you. Let me know if that helps.

(David Kaleky) #8

Hi, this is not the case. I get emails from all over the site. I know how to unsubscribe from the thread.

(Sarah Hawk) #9

Please forward one of the emails to hawk at feverbee.com and I’ll help you troubleshoot offline.