Happy New Year - what's in store?

(Nick Emmett) #1

Happy New Year FeverBeevers, hope you all had a great festive period and New Year. 2016 starts for real today as far as I’m concerned. It would be great to hear what sort of things you have on your list to achieve with your communities this year? And what challenges you anticipate facing?

For me, the main thing is I’m looking to launch a redesigned / re-implemented version of our community (based on Salesforce Community Cloud) in Q1. Challenges are purely technical and possibly linked resource.

I want to introduce offline, in-person user group meetings during the year too. We held two last year and I’m working through feedback and advocates to ascertain where/when/who/why!

My metrics have shown a good increase over the year, ranging from 11 active members in January to 110 in December. We have over 4K members so how to reach everyone and get more people engaged as I want the numbers to keep moving to the next stage of the Community Lifecycle. Out of the 110, there were 62 that were customer (the rest being internal), so I’m aiming for 100 active customers as my next target.

I’m also starting to think about what our community advocates programme might look like, with a view to making a start on introducing this later in the year (Q3 or Q4).

What’s on your agenda?

(Alessio Fattorini) #2

That’s interesting, I’d like to help my community members to organize such events directly in their own countries/cities
How can I start?

(Nick Emmett) #3

Hi @ale_fattorini, there’s some good tips coming through on this thread .

(Kristen Gastaldo) #4

My agenda just became LARGE, as I’ve been asked to take over an established community for the company’s 2nd largest group of customers. The community is for a company/product we acquired, where we migrated them to a new platform, and then their community manager changed jobs. So, it may be a challenge! Right now I’m learning the product, customer base, prior and current community usage, and current community advocates. If anyone has stepped into a position like this (my community experience has been from building from scratch until now), then I’d love some advice!

My company did just create a community team (yay!), so I no longer live with a particular product or service (read: support). We’ll be sorting out the company-wide policy on the community manager role and responsibilities, as we’ve all been doing our own thing up until now, as well as marketing the community as a whole, rather than product specific initiatives.

it’s going to be a big year!

(Nick Emmett) #5

Wow, sounds exciting @Kristen_Gastaldo. Interesting that you used to work within the support team - my role falls under our Customer Success area. How do you think it will benefit you and your community having your own team now? Sounds like you’ve got your hands full with all that learning - keep us updated, sounds like an great journey ahead of you :slight_smile:

(Kristen Gastaldo) #6

I’m excited to be on a team with community goals as the main goals - not community being a part of support goals. It made sense when we launched, since we were a support community, so our goals were around case avoidance, customer retention, etc. Since community belonged solely to me, and I was part of the bigger plan, it really felt like I was asking favors to get our staff to create content or contribute to posts - it wasn’t prioritized for them, and support really has little time to do much other than calls, cases, and chats.

I’ll keep you guys posted. Does anyone else work with a team of community managers? I feel like we’re often lone wolves.

(Doug Agee) #7

Happy New Year to the FB Community. We are looking to integrate the balance of our general membership into our humble little community of volunteers and conservationists. It will be a huge step.

Also, I am looking forward to the 3rd Module of the intensive training. Anyone else enjoying the courses as much as I am?

(Sarah Hawk) #8

Happy new year! I officially start back at work today after two entire weeks off.

January is a busy one for me. I have a couple of special projects on – writing an ebook and launching The Knowledge (our wiki – more on that later).

My goals specifically relating to this community include reworking our membership process and pricing structure, and focussing on longer term retention. Our conversion rate is fairly stable, but we’re seeing more drop-off after one or two posts than I’d like.

(Richard Millington) #9

This is probably the first year we’ve got the bulk of our roadmap fully fleshed out before the year began.

Right now we’re opening registration for www.feverbee.com/aem. Our first new course in 2 years. It goes really deep into increasing digital engagement and equips practitioners with the skills to communicate persuasively, deploy psychology, and drive higher, valuable, levels of engagement.

We’ve also got SPRINT London 2016 up and running - http://sprint.feverbee.com. That takes place on Feb 23 - 24. We’re pretty exciting about a theme that covers a broader array of digital engagement skills. Many of which really haven’t been touched upon before.

You can also expect a few announcements on some upgrades to our membership sites - along with some really great new products.

Then we’re looking at a SPRINT workshop in New York this May. We’re just finalising the venue for this before announcing and a course solely on how to increase grow in any membership program in the second quarter.

After summer we’ll have another FeverBee SPRINT event and hoping to complete our book around that time.

Alongside that we’ll still be doing plenty of speaking events, consultancy projects, and - of course - Experts :slightly_smiling: