Group Promotion

(Joel Rangelle) #1

I’m helping a fellow community manager overhaul his group promotion.

As a quick background:
It’s a small social community that’s been neglected, so the community lifecycle is still very new in the Initial Stage.

His goal is to increase more engagment such as more topics and posts.

His current notification literally says this: “Congratulations! You’ve become a SuperUser.”

(Joel Rangelle) #2

I’m helping him redraft the notification to something more meaningful. In particular, I know it’s important to highlight the qualifications, the scarcity, benefits of the new promotion, and the challenges / stretch to the next goal. I also suggested that he change the the title’s language to something that’s unique and fun to his own community.

This is what I’ve currently drafted with him:
"Congratulations on your promotion to a ####. This promotion is based on hitting X posts, which something that only %% of users ever achieve. Wow!

As part of your new title as ####, you’ll be able to benefit 1, benefit 2, and benefit 3 for even more increased ways to talk, contribute, and engage in the community. You’re seen as a trusted member of the community, so keep up the great work with your posting.

But that’s not all! If you’re able to post XXX times, you’ll be able to hit the next title of ####!"