Getting professionals

(Darren Gough) #1

Came across this today whilst researching some healthcare portals.

Felt like a missed opportunity and a very lifeless, generic way to genuinely build a network of high value professionals. Has anyone had success from something like this? Of course, this might simply be one in a set of tools used to recruit those high value experts but I’m curious if anyone has / does use this sort of form effectively?

(Nikoletta Harrold) #2

I find this super interesting because we are literally doing the same thing at Transamerica. We are just building our very first community that is centered around the correlation of wealth and health. (not only mental health unlike the link you provided). We are approaching this as a community based initiative where we will invite professionals as VIPs and industry experts but want the platform to be a safe haven for peer to peer discussion. Would that be something more along the lines of what you would have expected? What was so disappointing to you in the approach that moneyandmentalhealth.org took?

(Darren Gough) #3

Thanks @Nikoletta_Harrold.

I think it’s the generic “build it and they will come” approach to a group of people who are highly specific, can obviously add a great deal of value to discussions. It might well work, particularly as part of a set of other approaches (personal outreach etc) - just struck me as something they sort of wanted, but weren’t overly fussed if you didn’t apply.

What are your plans for Transamerica?

(Sarah Hawk) #4

They may use it as a landing page for specific invites, I suppose.

(Nikoletta Harrold) #5

agreed, the page is not very revealing but it could be part of a campaign.

At Transamerica we are transforming the way we are keeping in touch with our customers… Community will only be one part of the entire revamp… will be able to share more when it’s time to launch.