One of the few projects I’m working on at the moment is to benchmark and compare the best gamification programs from online communities.
I’d love to get any of your opinions on what attributes you expect to see in a gamification program and how to distinguish the best from average. I’m thinking at the moment of:
- Gamification levels displayed in multiple places.
- Steadily escalating gamification level + no ‘top’ level.
- Connected to separate MVP program.
- Gamification based upon quantity, quality, and speciality expertise.
- Portable reputation?
- Clearly documented and explained.
- Perks and rewards connected to gamification level.
Is there anything else I’m missing here?