First time here? Welcome!

reading
introductions

(Sarah Hawk) #1

Get Help From Community Experts

Welcome to FeverBee Experts!

Don’t worry, you don’t need to be an expert to join in. All we ask is for you to share any questions or challenges you want help with.

We have an incredible group of experienced practitioners here, but we have just as many members that are new to the community game.
You can meet some of them here.

Those people add infinite value because without questions to answer and challenges to solve, no one learns.

So jump in regardless of your level of experience – everyone’s voice adds value to our dialogue. There are no stupid questions.

Here are a few resources which address some common challenges:
Platform Comparison Tool
A Guide to writing a Community Strategy
Calculating the Value (ROI) of an Online Community

If you’re looking for somewhere to get started, here is perfect. Hit the reply button at the bottom and tell us what brings you to FeverBee.

Some tactics for making people feel less daunted
How to group content, prevent large topics?
(Sarah Hawk) #3

(Piper_Wilson) #7

Howdy!

I’m not exactly new, but I feel new. Currently, I’m not working in a community but I’m looking for one. I’m also going to school for Social Media. If I can find a degree program in my area for Community Management, I’ll transfer to that.

I’m here to learn and learn and meet people. Did I mention that I’m here to learn? :wink:

I look forward to getting to know people.

(Sarah Hawk) #8

Hey Piper, thanks for jumping in. Great to hear from you.

I’ve never heard of a CM degree anywhere.
I suspect the most relevant degree would be something with a foundation in sociology.

(Piper_Wilson) #9

Me neither, but, like my mother always says, “If wishes were horses, then pigs would fly.”

So, it’s gotta happen someday. :wink:

(Francisco Israel) #10

Hello everyone, I am from Santiago, Chile
I have a small digital agency and we focus in community managing.
My biggest challenge is to solve the egg or hen puzzle:
Do I hire people to handle my new clients?
or do I get more new clients and then hire new people?
I usualy try to kleep it all lean, but I feel that I can’t offer a service we can’t deliver. Usualy digital services are fast, so I feel I should have the staff hired by then…

Cheers.

Hiring or clients – what should come first?
(Sarah Hawk) #11

Hey Francisco, welcome!
Ah yes, that is a challenge.
I know it’s something that @richard_millington has been challenged with in the past.

Does your agency focus on implementing communities, or on moderation?

Note: I have split this conversation out into a topic of its own here.

(Nick Emmett) #12

Hey there @Piper_Wilson , nice to meet you too. there’s tons to learn here too so you’ll feel right at home. don’t forge though that we can all likely learn from you too so don’t be shy about sharing your own experiences as well as asking questions!

(Sarah Hawk) #13

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hiring or clients – what should come first?

(ST Pro) #14

Hi,
How do I change my username (name that is displayed in the community)?
Thank you,
ST

(Sarah Hawk) #15

I can do that for you. :slight_smile:
DM me what you’d like it to display.

(Marise) #16

Hi there,

My first post here! I’m starting a community building process tomorrow with the first meeting with the founding fathers. Important to get the focus right and clarify the goal. In the next months I will work out a strategy and start inviting the first members. Exciting! So I hope to get some support here every now and then. Great to have such a place.

Cheers!

Marise

(Sarah Hawk) #18

Hello Marise – great to hear from you. Exciting!
Have you been part of this process before or are you new to it?
Are there any aspects that you need support on or resources for?

(Piper_Wilson) #19

Hi @marise_bout - Nice to meet you. It sounds like you’re about to start an amazing journey. Enjoy and best of luck. :slight_smile:

(Marise) #20

Hi Sarah, I’ve done similar local community projects, so learned an experienced along the way. Yet, it feels like this is a serious community project where I want to get things rights from the beginning. I’ve attended several resourceful meetings about community building in the Netherlands. Let’s see what comes up tomorrow. Maybe some support in getting the target group analysis right would be welcome.

(Marise) #21

Thanks!

(Mecca Bey) #22

So good to be back and I hope to go from lurker to super active :slight_smile: . Thanks @HAWK for being super cool and not booting me after like years of no participation. Hi everyone :wave:

(Sarah Hawk) #23

Music to my ears!

Your website is beautiful BTW. I could spend hours moving that cursor around.

(Piper_Wilson) #24

Welcome back.

I agree with @HAWK - I just want to move my cursor around on your website. Amazing. :slight_smile:

(Nick Emmett) #25

For the record I’m about to access your website to also enjoy moving my cursor around! I’ll report back shortly!

UPDATE: Yup, pretty nice :slight_smile:

Welcome back, by the way - what’s your involvement with Communities?