I am pretty happy to have this space to discuss technical topics with knowledgeable people that are usually out of my reach. Thank you for your help: I really appreciate that!
So, here is the situation on which I’d love to have your opinion.
I was doing a competitor research and I noticed that one of the competitor (fintech app that manages company expenses) was keeping its community closed, allowing access only to seasoned financial executive (which actually are the decisions maker who allow the adoption of the product, but who do not actually use it, I suppose).
I am wondering what are the Pros and Cons of this strategy and what would you decide in this case
I’d open it
- Super vertical, maximum potential conversion
- good if you do not have a big team of Community Managers
- low volume of data to manage (platform)
- No SEO positive effect
- No opportunity to engage with possible “advisors” of the decision makers: less opportunity to sell the app?
- actual users are cut out of the Community (the FCO won’t manage the company expenses) so no UX feedbacks about the product