So we started by looking at Salesforce communities for our new forum. It will be a Support style forum for 2 of our clients all under one answer site though. We found out that Salesforce will not let us have 2 separate forums or have a way to set permissions that can divide the customer base into “2 groups” without massive customization.
Now I am on the hunt for another platform… Here are the key features that are deal breakers, anyone with some insight would be great! I need to make sure there are no free ones or inexpensive ones before we look into Lithium (already using the social support tool by them).
- Works with our existing SSO which is with Salesforce that directs them to the answer site
- The ability to grant moderator abilities to “super users” in the group until we have the bandwidth to hire a full-time community manager internally.
- Be able to integrate with salesforce (this can be a customization) but since this is a support forum we need to be able to create cases if questions go unanswered
- The forum needs to be locked behind a login (which should be their SSO) we do not want this to be a public forum
- We have 2 different products that are all under the same department, as said above we need to have 2 forums or a way to restrict access so that the client only sees what is relevant to their product. We have Customer A who has a different product than Customer B and if they can see the same forum it will spark issues because they do not have the same product and if theres a bug we do not want red flags for the wrong customer.
Sorry for this being lengthy (and yes I am toying with the comparison tool)