This week Jenn Pedde joins us on the show to talk crisis management and preparation.
Jenn is currently a Lead Community Manager at eModeration, and is also an Adjunct Professor at Syracuse University teaching social media and community management to graduate students in the School of Information Studies. In 2010 she co-founded the popular Twitter chat, #cmgrchat with Kelly Lux, and also founded TheCommunityManager.com - an amazing site with a wealth of resources for community professionals.
- “It can happen to you whether your a candy company, an oil and gas company, or a tech startup”
- “Look for anything out of the ordinary”
- “Don’t say sorry if you don’t know whether or not [the issue] will happen again”
- “With social, you have to watch every word”
You’ll also learn:
- How brands can simulate social media crises
- Why process documentation is so important
- How to determine whether you should, or should not, respond
- What Jenn thinks is the top cause for social media and community crises