Sara O’Connor joins us this week to share her experience building a unique online community that speaks to the wildest of imaginations.
Sara is the Digital Fiction Director for Hot Key Books and Picadilly Press, a book publisher based out of the UK. She’s focused on generating conversation around the books that they publish, getting their readers involved in innovative and meaningful ways, and building partnerships.
- “I wasn’t saying, ‘Can you give me 50 grand to set this up?’”
- “Give people a common enemy to hate, and they’ll bond around it.”
- “It’s ‘collaboratively creative!’”
- “Engaging with people in a genuine and meaningful way… it’s hugely self-satisfying, so long as it can be integrated within the product in an equally meaningful way.”
Additionally, you’ll learn:
- A new way to approach ideation communities
- How Sara secured buy-in for her wonderful idea
- How she has successfully managed appropriate behavior in a community filled with school children
- What success looked like for her and her team