Every community is a different beast

Hi everyone,
I wanted to share a though with you, to remind our important role as community manager.
I have been reading tons of suggestions about community engagement and email marketing recently, and I have even tried to apply some of them only to realize that they were not working at all… at least for my community. Here is an old but gold principle: nothing is set in stone, test, test, test. No one knows a community like its community manager.

Have you experienced the same? What are your thoughts about it?

1 Like

I agree that every community is its own beast and that not everything works with every community, but there are fundamentals that should be in place in order to drive success in every community. What your measures of success are, though, can be specific to your organization.

1 Like

Different communities different beasts, because people are different… goals are different.
What works here wouldn’t work there. But there are some things that generally work everywhere, you should start from there.

1 Like

Hi @ale_fattorini @jblutstein supergrateful for your comments: thanks! You both mentioned that there are some basics that works for everyone, an “evergreen”. What would you consider an evergreen, what have been proved to work well in any community?
Thanks a lot! :raised_hands:t4: