Enterprise Community / Testimonials Page

Hi everyone
A couple of weeks ago I run an initiative to collect testimonials from the community to infuse some energy into our R&D and Product Teams.

The goal was to capture the stories of members and how our product changed their lives.

After receiving 80 testimonials from all over the world, from people with different backgrounds, I realize that this has huge potential to become something long term in the community.

So I’m floating the idea of launching a testimonials page like this one at salesforce https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trailblazers.

Does anyone here have something like this in your community?

After reading People Don’t Stick Around Without An Emotional Commitment I feel this would be something that could have a great impact on adoption and also spark emotional commitments towards the community.

Any thoughts?

4 Likes

Hi Vera–I like this idea and think it’s worth a try. I have been doing Member Profile Stories in my community so members can learn more about each other. My community is private but I am thinking if I get some testimonials as you suggested, I could feature them on the public page and perhaps improve my Join conversions once potential members get a peek at who is inside.

Thanks for the idea.
Dina

2 Likes

I think it very much depends on your community. We tried it for a while but each one only got about 20 likes (in a community with hundreds of DAU) so we gave it up. The ROI wasn’t there.

2 Likes

I’d second this.

User interviews as content was something I recommended in Buzzing Communities way back when. But in most communities they typically turn out to be among the least engaging types of content.

However, as a means of collecting testimonials, they’re terrific.

3 Likes

Thanks @dinalew @hawk and @richard_millington for the sanity check.

I have mixed feelings about this and your feedback is very important. Right now I’m not sure having a “testimonials page” is a good idea, and I would rather feature a community member by month - putting her/his a testimonial on the community homepage for example. And at the same time create an internal recurrent communication to bring these testimonials to the attention of Product Teams.

So this could serve different goals:

Community

• (Recognition) Feature community members
  • (Engagement) Inspire Developers by sharing stories of real community members.

Community

• Connection to the community and find meaning in their work (motivation and commitment)

The problem is - how to collect these testimonials systematically. Besides detecting “special” moments in their journey and ask for their testimonial what else could work as an incentive for community members to share their testimonial?

1 Like

I think if you feature a community member of the month it should be clear what achievement they made in the last month to be featured. I know a few sites just randomly select a profile -but that doesn’t seem to mean much to anybody.

I think the community is a fantastic place to source great testimonials and case studies though. Okta does this really well.

I think you can call for testimonials if you need them - but it really depends on the purpose. Each person telling a unique story might be interesting for the brand - but you might want to test and see how interesting it is for other members.

1 Like