Do you have feedback on the new Discourse dashboard?

challenges

(Sarah Hawk) #1

Discourse users, we launched v1.0 of the new stats dashboard last week. I’m interested in your feedback. The feedback I have from our own community has been helpful but that audience is more heavily weighted towards hobbiests and has fewer professional CMs.

(Robert McIntosh) #2

Is it only available in 2.0 installations? I think we are still on 1.9.5

(Sarah Hawk) #3

Ah yup. v2.0 only. If you’re with discoursehosting you’ll be behind but we’re planning to officially launch v2.0 in the first week of June so you won’t have to wait long.

Here’s a teaser:

(Robert McIntosh) #4

I’ve been following the discussion on Meta and very much looking forward to being able to check it out - great work!

(Richard Millington) #5

Overall looks positive, is this taken from DiscourseMetrics ? Looks very similar.

I’d love to see the conversion and retention percentages. This would let me setup tests and such (i.e. how many visitors register, how many register, participate, how many particiapte, make 5 posts etc…)

Overall numbers are usually (for me at least) interesting to look at, but the ratios are more important for improvements.

(Sarah Hawk) #6

They’re standard graphs. Check out https://demo.baremetrics.com/

Yup, agreed and we’ll iterate, but remember that our audience is diverse. I need to make a dashboard that serves everyone from hobbiests to support communities to [very few] CoPs. I’m def interested to hear your thoughts on how to best cover all those bases.

(Richard Millington) #7

I’d imagine everyone managing communities would want to improve their conversion ratios! :slight_smile:

(Travis King) #8

I like the new graphs and the easy access to switching between week/month/year. Daily engaged and stickiness is also very helpful. Also trending search is more helpful than top referrers and traffic sources for us, so it nice to see it made the main page. But I guess that raises the question, if I wanted to see that stuff, where would I look?

And I know it’s not in the cards right now, but it would be awesome to be able to pull up the data by category and sub-category some day :smiley:

(Sarah Hawk) #9

The old dashboard is still there (behind a click bottom right).

The medium term plan is to build out widgets so that people can customise to suit.

It is on the roadmap :slight_smile:

Yeah, fair call. That data is available now, you just have to do some maths. I had a touch time picking “6 graphs that everyone wants”. The widget plan will help, but it’s going to be a fair bit of work.