Discourse summary view

(Sarah Hawk) #1

I quite like this new user summary view in Discourse:

https://experts.feverbee.com/users/HAWK/summary

(Mark Williams) #2

I noticed that yesterday and thought it was very cool and well laid out. I’m curious though, is there actionable items for you as the person the report is about? It’s great for the community manager, but I wonder how great my page is for me?

(Sarah Hawk) #3

I found it when I was looking for a past post that I made (on another forum, not this one), so I guess there is that benefit, although that can be done from your public profile.

Perhaps the feel good factor? The like stats are a bit like Twitter followers.

(Richard Millington) #4

Maybe this exists already, but I’d love a dashboard which shows new members to welcome, discussions needing a reply, first time contributors.

This is interesting on the feel good side, but I’d really love to see a really good actionable community manager dashboard.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #5

Good point. You can see some more ideas like that discussed here:

That discussion discusses additions to our “Weekly Summary” email, but this type of data could just as well be added to our User Summary.

It’s coming! The Rails Girls developers recently shared some new mockups:

We’re starting with a bare minimum, but this will pave the road for all kinds of different stat widgets.

(Alessio Fattorini) #6

Those are great suggestions to improve @Bas_van_Leeuwen analytics, First Time Contributors stats are already available.

(Richard Millington) #7

Interesting, how do you imagine that dashboard changing what a community person does?

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #8

Once we get into stats like these, there’s a lot a community person could do:

• Track TL fall-off: Did a long-standing TL3 user suddenly go inactive? This could be worth investigating to see if any part of our community has made this user feel unwelcome.

• Track time-to-TL: Spot a rising star, or possibly someone who’s gaming the system.

• Track which users are getting the most likes from the team as a whole. Could be a good way to spot contributors who are excelling, as well as making sure we aren’t unintentionally favouring particular users.

• Topic visit trends: Say a longstanding topic like our Contribution Guidelines is getting an average of 500 page views a month. If it drops below 250, notify me, so I can investigate the cause.

• Track user uploads: A small portion of our sites have managed to exceed our data storage limits and need to pay for an upgrade. As a CM, maybe you’d notice that it’s really just 5 of your users uploading an excessive amount of content, so you could suggest to the team that we should add a feature to limit uploads per user.

• Most liked users who registered in the last 3 months: Great way to identify up-and-coming contributors.

(Bas van Leeuwen) #9

I :heart: this one!

(Bas van Leeuwen) #10

How would you define discussions needing a reply? would this be discussions that no one has replied to yet? Would you set a time-limit to prevent staff from answering everything and stifling other members?
New members (needing a welcome) and first time contributors are very simple queries :slight_smile: Any dashboard should be able to provide it