Discourse Menu Bar?

(Corinne Crabtree) #1

I run Discourse for our forums. How do you get a menu bar at the top that takes them back to our private website? I really want that feature.

Also, I want to add a group @xyz that will send messages to our Help Scout where all moderators can answer. Is there an easy way to set up a dummy user? Thanks!

(Robert McIntosh) #2

You might be better asking these practical issues on meta.discourse.org but you can get that menu bar by adding the header CSS code in your ‘customise’ options in the admin .

For the notification, create a group for all your admins or moderators, then allow others to send that group a message, then they will ask see it as a separate inbox

Sorry, at a concert so not easy to offer more details but hope that helps:)

(Sarah Hawk) #3

Hi there,
I can help.

What do you mean by messages? Can you elaborate on the workflow here?

(Corinne Crabtree) #4

Thanks for replying!

I run a coaching website.

People often post their problems and then tag coaches to get advice.

We have a help scout account where all email goes and is assigned out depending on who specializes in the problem. I want to train the community to use @coaches for example when they want help, an email is sent to Help Scout, and then anyone on at that time who can work with the client jumps in.

I wanted to have a user named “coach” but can’t figure out how to create a user named coach. I did set up a group with an account but so far it’s not sending that email where I want it. This might be an issue I need to just think more on or some tech isn’t working behind the scenes.

(Sarah Hawk) #5

This question would probably be best suited at Meta where our team can offer tech support. Are you on a hosted plan?

(Corinne Crabtree) #6

I bought the psychology course and community course. Is that what you mean?

(Sarah Hawk) #7

Those are FeverBee courses and you are at the right place for those.

If you need Discourse support to organize your own community you can get that at Meta.

(James McMahon) #8

I’m working on trying to add a top menu to our site too… Without a lot of success so far…

(Sarah Hawk) #9

Oh no! I’m happy to support you over on Meta if you need it.

(James McMahon) #10

Thanks! When I circle back to fudging with it I’ll chime in.