Discourse Community

challenges

(shreya agarwal) #1

Hey Guys,

I have made a new Discourse community and want to change the theme of it. Also, I want to customize it as it looks very pale as of now. Want it to look little attention seeking and attractive.

Where can I find themes and how to insert them in my forum.

Totally new to all this so might need elaborated answers and instructions.

Thanks In advance

(Robert McIntosh) #2

Hi @shreya8594

Sounds like this is a more specific question for Discourse - unless you want advice from this group as to what to choose :slight_smile:

You can get the information you want on how to achieve this on meta.discourse.org rather than here - I’ll send you a PM with a helpful link

Now, as to what colours or components work best to create community, that’s a different story that this forum might be able to help with. I know that many people out there use this forum as a great example of what can be achieved.

(shreya agarwal) #3

Hey @thirstforwine

It would be great if you can send me relevant links on how to actually customize my forum.
I am actually quite inspired by the kind of customization done on feverbee and would love to take some tips home here.

Other than that as I said I am new to managing community would love to get managing tips as well, as I am working alone on this.

(Sarah Hawk) #4

You need this guide: https://meta.discourse.org/t/developer-s-guide-to-discourse-themes/93648

The heavy customisation done here is possible using theme components but it’s not the right place for beginners to start. You could commission that work from Procourse.