“Didn’t You Bother To Read The Previous Responses?”

(Richard Millington) #1
Originally published at: <strong>https://www.feverbee.com/previousresponses/</strong><br><br>That’s not a helpful response.

Think of the absurdity of that statement too.

Did someone new to the community take the time to search for every previous thread related to the question (every answer) to see if any of those solutions worked?

Read more

(Steven Hermans) #2

I have really started seeing posts with a question that has been answered many times before as a feedback mechanism.

Basically, what this says is: your current info is not written/signed/designed clear enough. I did not get it.

Before I thought: Idiots! Isn’t it clear?!

Now I understand, it’s not them who’s wrong, it’s me. Then I look at my articles, or my information architecture, and I always find something to improve.

(Brooke Harper) #3

A short post, but very concise and straight to the point. It’s safe to say that we shold never expect them to know and not be too complacent enough that our previous responses or posts are good enough to bring in their interest to read them. I think they’re more inclined to ask right away hoping to get a direct answer as soon as possible, rather than take time to scan through posts and responses.

(Sarah Hawk) #4

I love this.
You’re right – people don’t ask questions if they don’t need to.