Development Time on FeverBee Experts - What Would You Like To See?

(Richard Millington) #1

Hi everyone,

In the coming weeks and months we’re going to have additional development time we can spend on the FeverBee Experts.

I’m not looking to change the core functionality of how the discussions work, I think they work really well. I would, however, like to see how we might redesign feverbee experts as a community site that goes beyond just discussions forums. Where discussions make up just one part of the community.

So what would you like to see? If we could do anything we wanted here, what would be the biggest possible win? Is it a new front door similar to enterprise community platforms? Is it listing the most popular discussions alongside the most recent? Is it better search? Is it giving more prominent to top members?

I’d love to get your ideas. I can’t promise we will use them all, but we will definitely incorporate anything in our decision-making.

(Joel Zaslofsky) #2

Thanks for starting this conversation and continuing to invest in FeverBee Experts, Rich.

Keep a few things in mind as you interpret what I’m about to say:

• I’m as extroverted as anyone you’ll ever know.
  • I greatly prefer face-to-face (or verbal connection at the very least) over written communication (which explains my frequent lurker status here).
  • I’m struggling in the development of my own new community website to consolidate all the elements between WordPress and Discourse that make up a member profile. Each member profile element like physical location is such fertile ground for connection … if we want it to be.

Here are what the biggest wins would be for me as FeverBee Experts evolves:

1. Periodic verbal conversations among members. For example, a monthly Google Hangout/Zoom room on the same general themes or specific conversations we have in these forums. They could be facilitated by a member of your team or member-led (member-led would be my preference).
  2. An enhanced member search that allows me to sort or filter other members by their location, community type, or any other existing or future member profile element you decide to capture and make available. This is an especially powerful way for lurkers to find each other, befriend each other, and give FeverBee credit for bringing us together in a maintenance-free, passive way.

I’m a former business analyst, so I’m happy to provide “requirements” for either suggestion or simply clarify/elaborate if you want.

(Sarah Hawk) #3

Discourse falls down a bit in this area. I agree that enhancements around member searching and profiles would be valuable for the networking side of things here. At the moment it’s a bit easy to feel lost.

(Richard Millington) #4

thanks for this @joel.

Yes the search one is a bit of a pain as @hawk mentions. But we’ll look
into it and see if there is any potential to make changes here.

Anyone else?

(Sarah Hawk) #5

I think we have the opportunity to showcase some of our popular content in a better way by improving our entry point. We’re established enough now that we have really good information and discussions around a lot of topics that come up regularly, so to point people in those directions when they sign up would be valuable.