Creative ideas for NPS follow-up messages?

(Ashley van Waes) #1

Hi Feverbee Friends,

I am the Network Associate for the Global Legal Empowerment Network and we have just launched our Net Promoter Score survey. Part of my job is to respond to folks who took time to fill out the survey and prompt them to become more engaged with our network.

Here are the messages I have been using to prompt a reply:

For Promoters:

Thank you so much for rating us highly on our survey, we really appreciate it!

When you have a moment, please help us to spread the word and invite your friends and colleagues to the network. It’s simple - enter their email addresses here and we will send them an invitation.

For Passives:

Thank you for taking the time to answer our survey. Is there anything we can do to improve your experience on our network? I’ll be more than happy to see how we can help you out.

For Detractors:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey - I’m so sorry that you are not finding our network useful.

What is the number one thing we can do to improve your experience? I’ll be more than happy to see how we can help you out.

We are looking for creative ways to engage our members. What has worked for you?

(Sarah Hawk) #2

Hey Ashley,
Nice – first post and it’s an interesting one!

I’d be thinking about persuasion and values.

What’s in it for them? What value is there in responding? What emotions can you tap into in order to get them to respond?

Some of it will depend on the nature of the relationship that you have with the audience. Here, I get to know members pretty well so I get the best results by making my emails a personal request. I tell people how much I value their opinions and how important they are in informing the decisions that we make here.

Here are a couple of articles which might give you some insights.

https://www.feverbee.com/2tools/
https://www.feverbee.com/persuasion/

And after all those words, I’d also be super interested in hearing how other people approach this and what works for them.

(Ashley van Waes) #3

Thank you so much for the response, Sarah!

@tobiaseigen you might find these articles interesting too!

(Richard Millington) #4

Hey @Ashley_van_Waes,

I think the key thing here is to really think if the messages you are writing would actually motivate you to take that action. If you’re not sure, then consider whether similar messages have made you take action before - if not, what has?

My instinct is, as @HAWK notes, these messages don’t give any reason, rooted in motivation, for people to take the action. It doesn’t have to be an immediate, tangible benefit, but it has to be a strong reason.

(Ashley van Waes) #5

Thank you @richard_millington and @HAWK.

I am going to experiment with some different wordings, i.e. “Make this a community you want to be a part of by inviting your friends and colleagues…” and something more direct for passives and detractors.

(Richard Millington) #6

I’d personally aim for something more direct. What is the result of making
it a community they want?

• Rich

(Tobias Eigen) #7

This is awesome - thanks @Ashley_van_Waes for asking here and thanks @HAWK and @richard_millington for the great ideas. I think it’s totally worth playing with the wording we use on a running basis via our NPS survey. Since starting it we get a handful of responses every day which we can then follow up on.

In our community I think the biggest motivations are funding, access to learning opportunities and reputation. If we can impress upon folks that being active, contributing members of our community will enhance their changes at these things then we’re golden.

Any suggestions most gratefully welcomed. :seedling: