Core Principles for new community platform

challenges

(Rhiannon Horsley) #1

Hi,

We’re in the process of launching a new platform for our community. (An alumni networking platform for an education charity). As part of this I want to establish (ideally 3) core principles that will help the organisation and the community understand what the space is (and importantly isn’t) for.

I would be really interested to know if anyone else has taken this approach and to see some examples of principles that others use.

(Sarah Hawk) #2

Hi Rhiannon,
Great to hear from you.
Can I clarify what you mean by a core principle? Do you mean the primary goals of the community? e.g. to share knowledge

(Rhiannon Horsley) #3

Hi Sarah,

Yes, and… how we (the organisation will work with them). For example, one of the principles that I want to establish is that this is a space that is for the community, and not an marketing channel (obvs to a community manager, not so obvs to others in the org)

Primarily the principles will be used internally during the role out and embedding stage. Ultimately, I’d like to have a set of principles for the community, but I think that they should be the people that decide those.

Does that give a bit of clarity?

(Sarah Hawk) #4

It does thanks.

You might find that this topic has some interesting ideas:

(Rhiannon Horsley) #5

That is perfect! Thank you Hawk!